Ingredients: (serves 4-6)
10 pairs of chicken feet
12-15 medium size shitake mushroom
5 cloves garlic, whole
2 star anise
3-4 slice ginger
2 tablespoons dark sauce
1 stalk spring onion, finely cut into short length
1. Heat up oil in a pot.
2. Ensure sufficient oil as chicken feet needs to be deep fried and submerge in the oil. Once the oil is heated up, deep fry the chicken feet until turn golden brown in colour. Set aside.
3. Soak mushrooms with water until soft for about 15 minutes.
4. Heat up oil in wok and add in ginger, mushroom, garlic and star anise. Fry slightly and transfer to a pot.
5. Add water and dark sauce in pot and add chicken feet and bring to boil over medium-low heat until chicken feet turn soft.
6. Thicken the sauce with corn flour for individual preference. Add salt to taste.
7. Simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
8. Sprinkle spring onion and ready to serve.