Ingredients: (for 6)
2 sea cucumbers, cut into halves but not completely cut so minced meat can
be stuffed into the sides.
5 tablespoons minced meat
8 cloves garlic, unpeeled and lightly pounded
6 dried mushrooms, soaked and cut into halves
2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
3 slices ginger
2 tablespoon of cooking oil
500ml of water
1. 1. Soak the sea cucumber in water for more than a day.
2. Scrap the inside part of the sea cucumber.
3. Boil the sea cucumber for about 1 hour in a big pot.
4. Once it is soft, throw away the boiling water. Set aside.
5. Heat up oil in the wok. Add garlic and ginger till aromatic.
6. Add sea cucumber and mushroom. Add the seasoning and fry for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add water. Stir occasionally to coat the ingredients evenly. Bring to a boil.
8. Transfer to a pot. Cover the lid and simmer for 1 hour until the sea cucumber is tender. Cut the top of the sea cumber into and stuff the minced meat.
9. Add dark soy sauce. Cover the lid and simmer for 1 hour till the sea cucumber with minced meat is tender.
10. Serve and cut the sea cumber into smaller slides.