Ingredients: (serves 4-6)
1 medium-large size duck; chopped into pieces
10 cm ginger, cut into slices
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
Fermented beancurd (2 pieces)
1 stalks of scallions cut in 2cm length
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon dark sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
50ml cornflour mixed with water (constarch)
1. Heat oil in claypot under medium heat. Add in ginger and fry till fragrant.
2. Add garlic and continue to fry until golden brown.
3. Add fermented beancurd and continue to stir-fry.
4. Add duck and fry for 3 minutes. Add dark sauce, light sauce and sesame oil and continue to fry.
5. Add water and bring to boil. Cover the lid and let it simmer in low heat for 1 hour until the meat is tender. While simmering, continue to stir once a while.
6. Add in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
7. Add in scallion and pepper.
It is now ready to be served!