Ingredients: (Serves 4)
12 large prawns, deshelled
Tom yum paste
1 long lemongrass stalk, sliced to 2cm pieces.
8 canned straw mushroom
5 slices galangal
1 chilli padi, diced
4 kaffir lime leaves
1 tomato, slices into quarters
2 teaspoon of fish sauce
1. Trim legs and devein the prawns. Marinate the prawns with salt and pepper. (prepare in the fridge the night before)
2. In a large pot, add 5 large bowls of water.
3. Boil under medium heat.
4. Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves. Boil for 3 minutes.
5. Add prawns and chilli. Boil for another 4 minutes.
6. Add tom yum paste, tomato slices and mushroom. Boil for another 4 minutes.
7. Garnish with a dash of coriander leaves.
8. It is now ready to be served!