Ingredients: (serves 4)
200 grams of petai
200 grams of medium size prawn, deshelled
200 grams of sotong, clean and cut
100 grams of ikan bilis
2 tablespoons of chili paste
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
4 onions; chopped finely
50 ml of tamarind juice
1. Wash & clean petai and split beans into half. Set aside.
2. Heat wok and add ikan bilis. Fry until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Mix tamarind pulp with 50ml water and strain. Sedge and reserve the tamarind juice. Set aside.
4. Heat up wok with oil and add onion and garlic. Fry until golden brown.
5. Add chili paste and continue to fry till fragrant in low heat (approximately 5 minutes).
6. Add sotong and prawn and continue to fry till semi-cooked.
7. Add petai and continue to fry till semi-cooked.
8. Add tamarind juice and let it simmer for a while. Add salt and sugar to taste.
9. Garnish ikan bilis on top of the dish just before serving.
10. It is now ready to be served!