Ingredients: (Serves 2)
1 bowl of cooked rice
300-400 gram yam/taro (cut into cubes)
200 gram dried shrimps (wash & soak)
100 gram of breast chicken meat
5 onions (finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
5-6 shitake mushroom (soak in water till soft)
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of corn flour
½ teaspoon of sesame oil
1 chili – cut in thin strips (optional)
Chicken breast with sesame oil, oyster sauce and corn flour for 20 minutes
1. Cook rice in a rice cooker.
2. Heat up the wok in medium heat and add in onion, garlic, dried shrimp and mushroom and continue to fry for 5 minutes till fragrant.
3. Add yam and continue to fry for another 3 minutes.
4. Transfer the ingredients to the rice cooker.
5. Stir well the ingredients with the half-cooked rice and leave it to cook. Add salt to taste.
6. Let it cook for another 15-20 minutes.
7. It is now ready to be served! (Optional : garnish with chilli)