Ingredients: (serves 4)
500 gram of pork ribs
1 dried cuttlefish
150 gram black bean
6 red dates
4-6 dried scallops
4 bowls of water
1. Blanch pork ribs in pot of boiling water for 5 minutes to remove smell. Remove the pork ribs and rinse in a cold running tap water to remove scum. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients (dried scallops, cuttlefish, balk beans, red dates & pork ribs) in a soup pot and bring to boil under medium heat for 30 minutes.
3. Lower the heat and bring to boil for another 1.5 hours.
4. Season with salt and ready to serve.
5. Add in cockles only (pour away the blood) and continue to fry for 5 minutes.
6. It is now ready to be served!