Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
500gram pork lion – cut into 100gram slices
2 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of hua tiao jiu
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of five spice powder
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
20 soda crackers
1 onion, sliced thinly
50 grams of green peas (mix beans can be used)
1 tomatoes, cut into small wedges
2 teaspoons of corn flour
Marinate pork with hua tiao jiu, sesame oil, five spice powder, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and corn flour for 30 minutes.
1. Flatten the pork lion with your back of a knife to make it tender.
2. Heat up the wok in medium heat with cooking oil. Dip pork in egg and crackers crush. Ensure both sides are evenly covered by the crackers crush.
3. Add in the pork lion and fry. Flip over to the other side when it turns brown. Cut into long strips and set aside.
4. Now to prepare the sauce, heat wok in medium heat add garlic and fry until light brown. Add water and tomato sauce. Wait for it to boil.
5. Add tomatoes and green peas for until 3 minutes until boiled.
6. Stir gently until cooked. Add salt and sugar to taste.
7. Pour the sauce onto the fried pork lion.
8. It is now ready to be served!