Ingredients: (serves 4)
500 gram of sotong; clean and cut
2-3 sprig of curry leaves; clean and use only the leaves
3-4 chilli padi
4 onions; chopped finely
1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
50 ml of tamarind juice
1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
3 tablespoon of cooking oil
1. Wash & clean & dry sotong. Set aside.
2. Mix tamarind pulp with 50ml water and strain. Sedge and reserve the tamarind juice. Set aside.
3. Heat wok with oil and add curry leaves and sotong. Fry until the leave turn fragrant. Set aside.
4. Using the remainder oil in the wok again, add in onion, garlic and chili. & stir fry till fragrant.
5. Mixed in the sotong and continue to fry.
6. Add turmeric powder, tamarind juice, sugar and salt and continue to fry till cook.
7. It is now ready to be served!